July 1, 2009

Preparing for Alaska



So I am going to Alaska in exactly 9 days. I am very excited. I love the mountains and nature and anything that doesnt look like Florida. Dont get me wrong, Florida is beautiful but it has no mountains and the constant heat and lack of any season besides summer is tiring. My boyfriends parents decided to take the whole family (including me since I have been dating the dork for 9 years) on a 7 day Alaskan cruise. I'm preparing to rent two lenses for my camera and starting to pack. So expect to see tons of pictures here soon.

(photo from reurinkjan's photostream on flickr)

My best friend will be watching over my kitties and my dog will be staying with my mom. As excited as i am though, i cant seem to stop worrying about my dog. When i rescued him he had extreme separation anxiety. He tore a nice big hole on the wall next to the door. You could stick half your arm in the hole. It took me about 4 months to train him but he still has a bit of the anxiety left. Whenever i leave to Tampa to visit friends, he stays at my moms but he wont eat and he sits by the window the entire two days im gone, and that's only two days.

This time ill be gone for a whole week and im stressing knowing that he will be miserable. What if he doesn't eat all week? What if he thinks I abandoned him? What if he gets sick from being depressed? Yes I worry a bit too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment