December 14, 2009

And finally Rufus



This silly guy is Mellow's son. He is a wonderfully annoying cat. Annoying in the sense that he never lets up when he wants something. He has this idea that running sink water is the only water good enough for him. Where he got that from i do not know.

Maybe i thought it was cute when he started drinking the running water from the sink while i was brushing my teeth. Maybe i thought it was adorable how he waited by the door for me to go to the bathroom and turn the sink on for him. Maybe i also thought how smart my cat was to wake me up by meowing on my bed and then running to the sink to let me know he was ready for his water. Well after a couple of years i can honestly say, it is no longer cute.

I still love him just the same but now it has become an issue. Sometimes i wonder whether he drinks any water besides his precious sink water. Mellow drinks from her dish and has never shown any desire for this sink water. Not Rufus. He will watch you and stalk you and meow you to death until you get your lazy butt up and turn on the sink. When his litter box is beyond his means he will howl from the bedroom until you clean his litter so he can go. When you are folding clothes he will insist on laying on your clean clothes and if you don't like it then fold elsewhere. Mellow, well is mellow. She doesn't want much but to be brushed as much as possible. That is her only demand.

Yet i can't imagine a day without them. Life is 10 times better with my fellow fur friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment